DeCOMP: Part II!
It's time for another in-house event! Similar to last year, we will have a lifting meet in the morning and partner WODs in the afternoon. You may participate in one or both parts! Here are the deets:
- Women lift 8am - 9:30am (weigh in 30 min prior)
- Men lift 10am - 11:30am (weigh in 30 min prior)
- Each person will have 3 attempts at a Snatch followed by 3 attempts at a Clean and Jerk. Score is based on: weight lifted, age and body weight.
AFTERNOON PARTNER WODS:
- The WODs will begin at 12:30pm
- WOD #1: A true partner WOD involving both athletes
- WODs #2 and #3: Each WOD will be done individually by one partner; you will need to strategize your strengths to decide which partner will complete which WOD
- Choose your partner ahead of time, or sign up individually and we'll pair you up with someone!
- Have friends at other CrossFit gyms who want to play? Have 'em sign up with you or on their own! The more, the merrier!
Sign up on ZEN PLANNER!
*If 50 or more members sign up for the Partner WODs, DeCO will throw a happy hour this summer, on the house!
The DeCO Times, June 2017
Teen CrossFit Summer Program!
Summer Membership Details:
Our teens only classes are designed to give student athletes an opportunity to strengthen their bodies in preparation for other physical activities and sports, as well as increase overall physical and mental health through constantly varied movements performed at a high intensity.
Class Dates run from June 12 - August 18, 2017
Tues/Friday 3:30 - 4:30pm (teens only)
Thursday 6:30- 7:30am (regular group class)
Thursday 5:45 - 6:30pm (yoga)
At CrossFit DeCO, safety and lifelong functional fitness always come first. In addition to building strong motor patterns, building a foundation for improved performance in other sports and
activities, athlete will build strength and skills that also help prevent injuries.
Over the course of the summer, athletes will be exposed to a wide variety of functional movements with a focus on teamwork, intensity, body awareness, mental stimulation and friendly competition.
Each class will include a thorough warm up, a focus on a few particular skills, a workout that incorporates those skills, and mobility. Workouts will vary each day, and students will end the summer feeling confident and strong both physically and mentally.
Our teens only classes are taught by a CrossFit certified trainer who was also a high school teacher for several years. Students will enjoy a variety of workouts that also include games, opportunities for leadership, cooperation, and mental stimulation.
On Thursdays, students also have the option of joining our regular group class with adults and our yoga class in the evenings at 5:45 p.m. in our upstairs yoga loft!
How do I sign up?
1. Go to http://crossfitdeco.zenplanner.com
2. Click "Sign up" on the left hand side.
3. Under LIMITED, click on Teens Summer Membership.
4. Zen Planner will walk you through a series of steps to set up your account.
If you or your parents have any questions, please feel free to email Emily@crossfitdeco.com for more information! We really look forward to working with you this summer!
Sign up by May 1st for a $20.00 discount ($180.00 for the entire summer)! After May 1st, the price will increase to $200.00 for the summer. Your
membership runs from the week of June 12th until August 18th.